Cantilupe Surgery would like to clarify that our doors have been open to our patients throughout the pandemic and our staff have never worked harder.
- We have made huge system changes to follow ever changing advice from NHSE over the last 6 months with the aim of keeping patients and staff safe.
- Following national guidance from NHSE we telephone triage all GP appointments but when clinically appropriate and safe we see patients face to face and have been doing so throughout the pandemic.
- The waiting room can now safely only have a certain number of patients in due to social distancing. Staff must change PPE and clean rooms between all patient contacts. We can not safely return to the previous system without putting people at risk.
- We provide palliative care home visits to the dying, mental health support to those in distress and see face to face those who need examining. All while dealing with unprecedented amounts of phone advice, prescriptions, investigation results, hospital letters and work being passed back to us from secondary care.
- We are dismayed by the media reports on general practice and would welcome our patients ongoing support in providing the best service we can within the constraints we face.